Artists Apply Now
Tour dates November 10, 11 & 12
Encore dates November 17, 18 & 19
“Cosmos” by Andrea Martin
Placer Artists Tour
VIDEO BELOW: Introduction to the Application includes resizing your images
How to apply
- Read through the application, and print the Artist Checklist to guide you through preparing your application.
- Compile your files and documents for easy retrieval during application process.
- Begin online application and plan to finish it in one session. You CANNOT pause and resume the process.
- When finished, you will be directed to pay your fee online. Please note your application is not complete until payment is received.
Application Deadline is April 30, 2023. First-time applicants please click here to contact us ASAP. You are eligible for pre-screening.
Rules & Guidelines
- APPLICATION PROCESS: All applications must be submitted online and are due by 11:59 pm, April 30, 2023. Payment may be made online by April 30 or by mailing a check to Placer Artists Tour, 100 Harrison Avenue, #282, Auburn, CA 95603-0282. Please write artist name on your check to receive proper credit. Checks must be postmarked by April 30.
- TOUR FEE IS $250: Get information about fee reduction for volunteers. Send us an email for information about scholarships for new and emerging artists.
- ARTIST ELIGIBILITY:
- Application open to all artists 18 and over living or working in Placer County, and all art mediums. Artists must create their own work or work in collaboration. No kits.
- Artists may only submit and show their own work. Artists must agree not to exhibit, sell or host artists not officially registered on the tour in the space over which they have interest or control.
- It is recommended that participating artists exhibit a minimum of 15 pieces of original art, created within the last three years.
- All studios/artists are responsible for their own insurance. Click here for information.
- All studios/artists must hold or apply for a California Sellers Permit through the CA Dept of Tax and Fee Administration Click here for information
- Artists must meet ONE of the following location eligibility requirements:
a. Have a home or art studio in Placer County that is suitable for public access and display. We reserve the right to decline or change sites for any studio that it deems inaccessible or unsafe to the public. First time artist applications will be reviewed and subject to approval.
b. Have a year-round working studio within a gallery.
- We reserve the right to decline or require a change of site for any studio
- ARTIST STUDIO SHARING: If you need to share a location, you must arrange your own share prior to completing the application. Opportunities for sharing may be found via the Placer Artists Tour Private Social Media page. Please join the page if you need a studio to share. Artists who can accommodate other artists may be contacted directly.
Why Participate in Encore Weekend
- Increased opportunity for visitors to see and purchase your work. Here is a quote from one of last years participants:
“The second Saturday was very busy with lots of sales… To set up in my home is so much work that it is worth doing the 2 weekends. Several people came the first weekend and came by the second to buy some paintings they had thought about during the week.”
- The public has spoken! Guests loved the Encore weekend option to visit more artists and to get a second look at their favorites.
- Friends, Family and Art Fans that are busy first weekend can visit on Second Weekend!
- The Large number of participating artists are more easily visited over two weekends.
- You’re already all set-up, so why not!